Same HardDrive, 2 partitions

Use GeeXboX for Wii the Right Way
quico

Same HardDrive, 2 partitions

Post by quico »

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for your wonderful program.

I have a little question:

I have a Western Digital 1TB disk. I created 2 partitions, one in WBFS with 500gb (say, drive H:) and other in NTFS (drive I:) also with 500gb.
When I turn on geexbox, it only appears the front SD card, but the disk doesn't.

Is there any solution? Maybe if I format it in FAT32?

PS:
Hardware:
Wii 4.2E
Western Digital elements 1TB USB 2.0

Software:
Homebrew channel
Geexbox beta2 (ios version)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards from Portugal, and thanks once again for your wonderful piece of work! :P
farter
Site Admin

Re: Same HardDrive, 2 partitions

Post by farter »

If you plug the disk in after geexbox has booted, does the disk light flash?

Also, if you have a usb keyboard, boot into debug mode and do a 'ls /dev/sd*'.
Fartersoft minus the soft part.
quico

Post by quico »

farter wrote:If you plug the disk in after geexbox has booted, does the disk light flash?

Also, if you have a usb keyboard, boot into debug mode and do a 'ls /dev/sd*'.
Hi!

There's a whole different issue right now.
Suddenly, the NTFS partition is now recognized by geexbox. YES!!! Ok so far.

But now I have another problem. All of a sudden it stops working properly. I turn on Wii, load HBC and load geexbox. And sometimes geexbox loads OK, and other times all I get is a black screen, and my Wii stops responding. I always have to turn it off and on again, not even the reset button works.

I already erased geexbox files and unpacked it again to SD card, but it happens again, the first time it loads OK, but when I select "Return" on geexbox and load it again, the damn black screen cursing me... lol.

Important note: My external disk doesn't have a ON/OFF button, so the disk boots up whenever it detects activity in USB (when I power up the wii) and turns off when I power down the Wii. It's a western digital elements 1TB:
http://www.wdc.com/pt/products/Products.asp?DriveID=760

Maybe if I try an older version of geexbox? Or maybe it's not 100% compatible with my external disk?! :(

Thanks!
farter
Site Admin

Post by farter »

quico wrote: But now I have another problem. All of a sudden it stops working properly. I turn on Wii, load HBC and load geexbox. And sometimes geexbox loads OK, and other times all I get is a black screen, and my Wii stops responding. I always have to turn it off and on again, not even the reset button works.
At what point does this 'blackscreen' happen?
quico

Post by quico »

As soon as I click the "geexbox" icon on HBC.

The strange thing is that at times it loads ok, and others it just gives me the black screen.
For me, this is absolutly random because I can't find a pattern of events that makes the black screen appear.
farter
Site Admin

Post by farter »

You might want to check bug tracker on bootmii/hackmii to see if there is any related info.
quico

Post by quico »

farter wrote:You might want to check bug tracker on bootmii/hackmii to see if there is any related info.
Hi there,

I'm back! I seemed to have found a way to make it work!!

Here's the thing: I actually have the Wii offline for the moment, because I don't have internet connection where I have the Wii right now.
So, when I turn on HBC, there's a flashing icon on the bottom right corner that I think is the icon that means that HBC is trying to get connection to the internet.
If I wait the icon stops flashing (about 10 or 15 seconds) and only AFTER this, I turn on geexbox for Wii, it always works!
How strange is that?! lol

I though I should come here and share this with you.

Best regards, and thanks for the help.