Wifi really not working - Debug information

Use GeeXboX for Wii the Right Way
peace96

Wifi really not working - Debug information

Post by peace96 »

Hi All,

I have tried beta2 and beta3 same result. Wifi not working. It authenticated fine with AP but got denied by AP when trying to do association.
The reason is the open firmware code got error while loading - not sure why. At boot from the boot screen (in debug mode) it says:

request firmware b43/ucode5.fw
request b43-optn/ucode5.fw
Error xxxx (but does not say clearly what the error is) if someone want to debug further I will get a screenshot and post later)
request b43-open/pcm4.fw
request b43-open/b0g0initvals5
Error xxxx
request b43-open/b0g0bsinitvals5

* I confirm these firmware exists (ls shows them, actually it is symlink to another folder but they are all right)

* I confirm the wifi works as normal in WiiMC and even debian whiite - it works flawlessly. To compare with debian there is no error when it loads the b43-open firmware at all. geexbox and debian whiite using defferent kernel though based on 'uname -r'

* on geexbox if I do a 'rmmod b43' then I can initiate kernel OOP

I also have the log of dmesg command output when running on geexbox - if requested I will post it here.

The quesiton is - how can I fix it? Probably I will try to use debian kernel with gexxbox? is it possible? I reckon I need some kernel module (whiite by default /lib/modules is empty - and use hexedit to edit kernel option at boot to be similar geexbox use. Is ther eany other kernel options that geexbox utilize but not available in whiite?

Many Thanks in advance