Wiimote not working and USB Drive not found.

Use GeeXboX for Wii the Right Way
OptimaX

Wiimote not working and USB Drive not found.

Post by OptimaX »

I've downloaded the latest GeebXoX for Wii via the Homebrew browser.

At first it seemed to work fine. I could operate it with my wiiremote. But my USB hard drive (Mac OS X Extended format) Simply didn't appear as an option to browse. Only the SD card.

I tried loads of things. I then downloaded The Geexbox Wii version from this site, installed it manually onto the SD card, and ever since that I cannot get my Wii Remotes to work after I've booted up Geexbox via the homebrew channel.

I reinstalled the version from the homebrew browser again, but no luck. Whatever i do, My wiiremotes don't work... :(

I think this is the only media player that is suppose to read my Hard Drive. All other media players don't support my Hard drive format and I'm hoping for a solution....
farter
Site Admin

Re: Wiimote not working and USB Drive not found.

Post by farter »

Always download from the project homepage or sourceforge page and follow the installation and debugging instructions given on the homepage.

About the hfs+ issue, you might want to try removing "hfs" from /GEEXBOX/etc/filesystems.
Fartersoft minus the soft part.
OptimaX

Post by OptimaX »

farter wrote:Always download from the project homepage or sourceforge page and follow the installation and debugging instructions given on the homepage.
That didn't help me at al.

I've deleted the GEEXBOX folder in the root of the SD and The geexbox folder in APPS on the SD

I then downloaded the IOS version from the homepage and installed it onto my SD.
I checked if the settings were set to wiimote and 00:00:00:00:00 and everything seemed to be fine.

I then deleted the hfs setiing in filesystem as you suggested.

I then inserted the SD into the Wii.
Opened Homebrew Channel,
Opened geexbox - (A quick flash of the geexbox loading screen came, then a quick flash of black screen, then back to the Geexbox logo screen again and the loading bar.
After the loading was done I saw the main menu of Geexbox but my wii remote lights didn't turn up. Pressing any button resulted in three short flashes, then back to no lights on at all. Pressing 1+2 resulted in 10 seconds of flashing with nor results at all.

I'm having a PAL wii running 4.0 with the latest version of the Homebrew Channel.
atpiinto

Post by atpiinto »

I have the same problem, it seems as though Geebox has stalled, reset won't work either need to hold the power button down to turn off and restart.

Wiimotes just flash and don't seem, to connect after it loads.

Thanx for any help in advance.
farter
Site Admin

Post by farter »

Re-syncing wiimote with wii using the red buttons before launching geexbox may or may not help.
Fartersoft minus the soft part.

Post by Guest »

I'm experiencing the same problem
indraf

Post by indraf »

does somebody fix this wiimote issue?
Big_GUN

Post by Big_GUN »

I have the same problem. wiimote is not syncing.

USB keyboard works